March 4, 2013

Sunflower

"The artist's eye opens the world up and shows us things we would pass by unnoticed." {Unknown}

I love this quote. It makes me think of all of my POTD friends, and how much I love seeing your work everyday. It's amazing seeing life & the world through your talented & creative eyes. Thank you ladies!

This is a shot I took last fall of the big, beautiful sunflower Elijah grew. I came across a folder of photos this weekend that I hadn't looked at in a while, and decided to play with some of them. I used Rita's 'Carnival' action on this, and added a texture to the one on the bottom :)

3 comments:

  1. More sunshine from you! How fun to have your own sunflowers. Are you growing them again this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I too gain inspiration and motivation from the POTD group. I also find myself drifting through old libraries of pictures, occasionally finding a gem previously passed over, and with the advent of textures and actions - viola, a new masterpiece (in my own mind).

    Your sunflower is very uplifting and warming on a chilly March day. (though we actually had wonderful sun today - but snow in the forecast tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to be in a bright and cheery mood these days, or at least your photos are giving that warm and sunny impression.

    ReplyDelete